Loulis Mills supports the initiative of the Borume organization and AB Vassilopoulos, the "Alliance for the Reduction of Food Waste" in Greece, which is constantly expanding and gaining exponential momentum.
Food waste concerns us all. It has serious effects on the environment, economy and society. In order to deal with it, a coordinated action of the state, market and society is necessary, and this is why we support the creation of the "Alliance for the Reduction of Food Waste".
With the aim of developing synergies, public authorities, professional bodies and food and catering businesses from all stages of the supply chain, civil society organizations, bodies of the academic & research community join forces and are invited to contribute:
- In informing and raising awareness about the extent and effects of food waste
- Training and education for the prevention and reduction of food waste
- The exchange of information and knowledge
- Highlighting and disseminating good practices
- The promotion of research and innovation
- The facilitation and promotion of the donation of food surpluses for a public purpose
- The contribution to the formulation and implementation of public policy for the prevention and reduction of food waste in Greece
On Tuesday, September 29, Mrs Olga Manou, Director of Communication and Corporate Responsibility, participated in the teleconference, under the auspices of the Minister of Environment and Energy, Mr. Kostis Hatzidakis, together with the other "Partners" of the Voluntary Cooperation Agreement and stated, among other things: "With great joy, Loulis Mills participates in the excellent initiative of "We Can" with a vision of the voluntary cooperation of all those involved in the food chain and the goal of limiting food waste, a scourge of the times that concerns us all. The experience and enthusiasm of "Boroume" are a guarantee for a positive result".